FCC extends CBA timeline by 2 weeks
November 22, 2018
By Chris Forrester
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has extended the closing date for comments and objections to the C-Band Alliance’s (CBA) plan to restructure 200 MHz of C-band capacity. The FCC says the new deadline is December 11th.
Sami Kassab, equity analyst at investment bank Exane/BNPP, suggests that the FCC’s decision follows a petition from the American Cable Association, the Competitive Carriers Association and other parties which pointed to the technical complexities of the many comments made so far and the occurrence of today’s Thanksgiving holidays during the initial time frame.
Kassab says that this does not routinely happen with the FCC, and that the CBA has itself filed an objection to the extended deadline.
Other posts by :
- IRIS2 free for government usage?
- Bank: AST SpaceMobile will orbit 356 satellites by 2030
- SpaceX launches 600th rocket
- Starlink: 10m customers and counting
- SES predicts end of ‘big’ Geo satellites
- Amazon Leo gets approval for 4,504 extra satellites
- SpaceX gets a portion of India
- TerreStar wants to build LEO network
- Musk: “No Starlink phone”
