AT&T quits Dish deal
July 3, 2008
DISH Network, the US satellite television provider, said it has received notice that phone operator AT&T is ending their agreement at the end of the year to sell TV, phone and Internet packages. AT&T and DISH have had a joint marketing agreement since July 2003 to sell the “triple-play” package in AT&T regions.
AT&T said it provided the required six-month notification for non-renewal of its current contract with DISH. “We continue to discuss options with DISH,” it said in a statement. In early April, AT&T said it had expanded its partnership with DISH in territory previously covered by BellSouth Corp, which AT&T acquired in late 2006, and had stopped marketing a similar package with DIRECTV Group Inc, the No. 1 US satellite TV operator.
That move prompted speculation that AT&T had entirely dropped DIRECTV in favor of a DISH partnership. But AT&T has repeatedly said it was still talking to both about a long-term partnership for bundled phone, Internet and video services, and that a final decision was due by the end of the year.
Other posts by :
- IRIS2 free for government usage?
- Bank: AST SpaceMobile will orbit 356 satellites by 2030
- SpaceX launches 600th rocket
- Starlink: 10m customers and counting
- SES predicts end of ‘big’ Geo satellites
- Amazon Leo gets approval for 4,504 extra satellites
- SpaceX gets a portion of India
- TerreStar wants to build LEO network
- Musk: “No Starlink phone”
