India says DSO is imminent
March 20, 2017
By Chris Forrester
India’s Information & Broadcasting Ministry (MIB) says its previously stated analogue switch-off date for broadcasters must remain as March 31st, and it will not extend the already much-delayed introduction of addressable digital set-top boxes.
Rajyavardhan Rathore, the Minister of state said the Phase I, II and III of the nation’s Cable TV Digitisation was accomplished apart from the Tamil Nadu region. India’s original switch-off date was December 31st 2014. It was later extended until December 31st in 2016, and again to January 31st this year.
The Minister added that previous dates had been missed because of High Court-allowed delays.
Other posts by :
- IRIS2 free for government usage?
- Bank: AST SpaceMobile will orbit 356 satellites by 2030
- SpaceX launches 600th rocket
- Starlink: 10m customers and counting
- SES predicts end of ‘big’ Geo satellites
- Amazon Leo gets approval for 4,504 extra satellites
- SpaceX gets a portion of India
- TerreStar wants to build LEO network
- Musk: “No Starlink phone”
